Friday, February 20, 2009

Things I Love...Friday Favorites

Hi again! I promised and here it is...a few more of my favorite things. I know...seriously, who really cares? But it's my blog so... LOL
Since I rambled on the last post, let's get started...

1. Junior League Cookbooks.
I guess I kind of collect these
as I have at least 10, from cities like Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale,
Dallas, Pittsburgh, Charleston and Birmingham Alabama. To me, these are a sure thing. Everyone puts their favorite recipe in because who would want to submit a bad recipe...and have your name by it and then have every
one think you were a horrible cook!!! haha Plus, you get a few regional recipes in each book. I have found a few at used book sales, too...Jackpot!

2. Pier 1 Glass Chalkboard Jars
Aren't these cute? I found them awhile back and they
quickly sold out. I was in Pier 1 recently and guess what they just
got back in for spring...my favorite jars.
You can use them for anything and they are really sturdy. The price is $10.00 & $14.00,
...not bad. I wish I could have uploaded my own jars but I'm having trouble doing so. I have one that says "Sweet treats" for our munchies and one that says "Puppy Chow" for my dog's munchies.

3. Rimmel Long Lasting Foundation
****Bargain Alert****
I love this foundation! I have used it for about 3 weeks now and it really is long lasting. It says it gives 16 hr. fresh, oil-free coverage and I think it really
does. The texture is so smooth and creamy...very
easy to apply with a sponge or fingertips. Personally, I can't use that mineral powder...I
need to cover more than that allows:-) And cream to powder foundations are starting to get too drying for my aging (quickly) skin. Anyway, this can be bought at your local Walgreens, CVS...for only a few dollars. Give it a try.

4. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer Self-Tanner
Yes, I live in Florida and yes, I love the beach. But for the past 5 years, at least, I would say the majority of my tanning comes from
a bottle. I've done
enough to my skin and will pay for it so for now, it's
sunscreen and fake tans. I actually believe I have tried every self-tanner ever made, starting waaaay back with QT. Remember that??? Yuck...I was bright orange for days! Anyway, this is inexpensive and lets the color develop over a few days. I use it on my legs mostly but sometimes arms and upper body, too. Never on the face as I think there are enough bronzers out there for that and it would be too much for my skin to handle the lotion.
Fake it, don't Bake it!:-)

5. Crystal Light Metabolism+
Peach mango Green Tea water flavor

This is so delicious! It is only 5 calories per serving and you get 2 servings per pack. (1/2 pack flavors 1 water bottle) Anyway, this has a light taste and
sometimes I can squeek out 3 bottles for one pack. I know we need to drink water but let's face it, sometimes it gets boring so this helps. Plus, it has a bit of green tea and that is
awesome, or so they say!

6. Maria Shriver's books~
"Ten Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Went Into the Real World"
and "Just Who Will You
Be?"
Okay, first let me say that Maria Shriver wrote the book,
"Ten Things..." that I planned on writing for my girls but I will forgive her:-) She is a fabulous writer...very easy to read and so full of common sense. You can tell she is writing from the heart and giving important lessons to her children and everyone else. I read these books and wish we were friends because I love what she has to say. "Just Who Will You Be" is so awesome
...and if you know me at all, you know my pet peeve is the constant pressure we put on kids to "be something" when they should be kids and learn, experience, explore...and decide who THEY want to be. I so highly recommend these books to everyone of all ages.

7. Starbucks Cupcakes~
Chocolate, French Vanilla & Red VelvetOkay, Starbucks now sells cupcakes...like I needed that!:-) They are unbelievable.
Enough said!

4 comments:

  1. I love those jars!
    And who doesn't love Crystal Light?
    I accidentally bought some of the energy flavor ones, but didn't realize they were full of caffeine and was up until 4:30 one morning! Didn't make that mistake again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used that Jergen's lotion last summer and it really did give me a nice glow! I used the body lotion as well as the face lotion!

    I've never tried a Starbucks' cupcake but after seeing that pic, I may just have to!!

    Welcome to the Follow Me Club! For some reason, I'm not able to add myself to your follow list but it's probably a problem on my end. I'll check back again soon and see if I can add later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I love cupcakes...especially red velvet. I'm trying to stay away from such things because I don't want to gain a bunch of bad weight during my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there..just tuned into your blog and wanted to comment on how much I've enjoyed it! Love your lists of things you love! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites