Monday, October 12, 2009

Mish-Mash Monday

Happy Monday Everyone!

Nothing much on my mind today, just some random thoughts flying around. Mish-mash Monday...get it? Maybe I should have said "mush" since that's what my brain is like lately. Here goes nothin...

~It's supposed to be 94 degrees today. That is WAY TOO HOT for mid-October. And we have had weeks of it...well, except for the cool front that came through when it only got to 88. Uggghhh...I am so over this heat. (This is the time of year we get to complain about the weather in Florida.) It is so un-Fall like! No wonder I would rather just skip to Christmas. IF I were dumb enough to put a pumpkin on the porch, it would be rotten within a week.:-) But I love looking at all of your cool photos of Fall so keep posting them, please!

~Apparently the swine flu has arrived at our house. It isn't earth-shakingly different, it just makes you feel bad for a little longer than other flus, if you ask me.

~My girls are having a second go at their blog with the focus being mainly cooking, which they love to do. I will probably not be posting recipes on my blog unless it is one they hate because a. they do most of the cooking and b. they should be able to post the recipes. So take a peek if you feel like it at Peace, Love and Cupcakes and check back as they are going to be posting some pretty good recipes, if I say so myself.
P.S. They are also having a giveaway for something "Juicy" very soon ;-)

~I have 2 dogs...didn't know that, right? lol Anyway, Freddy is 10lb and Maui is 60lb...but Freddy thinks and acts like he is 60lbs and Maui thinks and acts like he is a 10lb lap dog. Freddy goes to daycare with the BIG dogs and takes over...they all laugh about how he immediately becomes the pack leader when he arrives. When Maui goes to daycare, he is scared to get out of the car, they have to drag him back there and then he sits with his head propped against the door waiting for me to come back. Why is he going to daycare? To get used to other dogs since he is scared of every living thing...big or small:-) Poor baby...

~I know some people are upset that the stores are putting out Christmas decorations but not this girl. (You know , the one who is roasting in the heat down here:-) I confess...I love it and am totally ready for all of the decor and the music to start. (It already is in this house.) Seriously...it doesn't take anything away from Thanksgiving. We can still put out pumpkins and stuff ourselves on Thanksgiving day, all while being thankful for what we should be thankful for ALL year, right? But I promise not to put Christmas music on my blog...yet;-)

~Hmmm...let's see...do I dare bring up nobel prize on my blog??? Nah...probably not...except to say apparently there's still hope for me:-)

~Don't you love when you come across some neat blogs? I have found so many that one day this week I'm going to post links for each of them.

~My daughter was complaining about her lack of the extras in life. I sweetly pointed out that she has a beautiful home with a newly decorated room, she takes French lessons, tennis lessons and has a sketching class...which she requested...so she doesn't sound deprived to me. But apparently that wasn't what she meant:-) Can you say "mall"?

Guess I'll leave it at that for today. I know I could go on and on...but off to doggy daycare and then the grocery store. Oh, what's for dinner??? Chili...just what everyone needs in 94 degree weather. hahaha But if we wait for chili weather, we would never have it.

See ya!
Suzanne







15 comments:

  1. Come over and see who my "featured site" is this week.
    I'm going over to see the girls new site. I will make them my featured site when you think they are ready.
    As for the heat, please send some my way.
    Love Freddy and Maui. I have 6 of them, 2 cats, 1 bird, 2 degus...yup all living here with love... most are senior rescues. That's what I love to do.
    So I'll catch you later.
    Love Claudie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your big doggy is just a tender heart. Kinda cute but sad.

    If you get swine flu, do you really have to see a doctor? Can you just wait it out like the regular flu?

    I'll check your daughters' blog out. It sounds fun and if they're as talented as you are, it's going to be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have such hot weather! It's definitely on the cool side here and the rain will be starting tomorrow-drat. Your doggies sound like real characters, they are also VERY cute! I will definitely check out your daughter's blog, it sounds like fun. I am up for Christmas music ANT time of the year! Try not to melt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about your heat wave, hope you have air conditioning :D

    i love xmas, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps - i would love to come to florida and make you a scrapbook, but only if i get to go to disney world too LOL ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you get too hot, you could always come visit me in MN, where we have snow on the ground! That would surely put you in the Christmas spirit!

    I don't mind Christmas music starting in November, but sooner than that is just too soon for me. I won't miss rehearsing our Christmas music in choir starting in early October!

    Hope Maui's day at doggy daycare is better today, the poor sweet thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha. I love it! We had unseasonably warm weather right up until the point that we had snow fall. Silly Calgary weather.

    I had a big boxer dog growing up who was sure he was a lap dog too. too funny!

    PS: I have given you an award! I hope you can drop by and accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't stand the cold. It's going to be upper 40's all week here in Cleveland. I'll gladly trade you states for the season! :)

    I like your blog. Found you on Mom Bloggers Follow Me Group. I'm now following and looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the average temperature here everyday all year round!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had warm weather up until a week ago. I had to turn heat on!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curled up by the fire with 3 layers on tonight!! I still haven't gotten acclimated to the colder temps here in Colorado but love sweaters and turtlenecks so that is a plus!

    Your daughter's comment is so funny about no mall. I can't tell you when the last time was that I spent time in a mall. I love the thrifting adventures so much better!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoy your blog. I'm a new follower!! Just hopped over from MBC. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so humid here...I love your fall blog design....Just out blog hopping on this rainy night. Enjoyed reading yours...Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog and leave your favorite Christmas song...and enter a great giveaway.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Boy, sorry it is so hot still. It is starting to get CHILLY here in PA. I have been plying catch-up this week after my vacation, which I will post about soon.
    Your dogs are so sweet! Do they go to daycare everyday?
    Scary about the swine flu. Was it really the H1N1? Wow! Scary!
    I can't wait to get some new recipes from your girls. They will have fun with this once they get into it.
    Have a great week, and don't worry about the pumpkins!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for visiting me over at the crib! i wish it were 94 degrees! we're supposed to get snow on friday!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites