Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine!

i'm so happy i chose HAPPY as my 2012 word again.
it's just a good way to start the day.
it seems i rarely listen to news in the morning anymore.
today, i have country music videos on...
just heard a song with the lyrics:
"it's A-OK,
save your troubles for another day.
put a big old smile back on your face
looks to me like it's gonna be OK"
a few things making me happy this morning...
the sun is shining.
i woke to maui, my goldendoodle sharing my pillow:)
i'm sipping the most AMAZING coconut latte.
a clean house...finally:)
spaghetti for dinner tonight.  
started reading a great book...Grace for the Good Girl.
so far, it's a wonderful book...and i know i'll talk more about it soon.

thank you to my friends who emailed and commented on my 
Whitney Houston post.
You wrote me such wonderful notes and letters...
i'm working on answering each one as thoughtfully as you wrote me.
i didn't know the reaction i would get...
but knowing i am not alone in my thinking is so encouraging in this
 mixed up world.

now for a few odds and ends...
because i'm really good at odds and ends;)

need something YUMMY and EASY for dinner?
well, look no further!

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POT PIE
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces       3/4 cup sliced celery
  • 1 white onion, diced finely (about 1 cup)       2 (14.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery seed       1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper    1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
  • 1 (12 ounce) bag Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers

Directions

  1. 1Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the cubed chicken to the slow cooker and top with the celery and onion.
  2. 2Sprinkle vegetables with celery seed, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Pour the cream of chicken soup over the vegetables and cook on low for 4 hours.
  3. 3After 4 hours or when chicken is done, stir in the frozen vegetables and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.
  4. 4While vegetables are cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake biscuits for 13-15 minutes.
  5. 5To serve, spoon some chicken filling on a plate or bowl and top with a biscuit that has been split in half.


my husband is going away for a few...
and if i had my way, i would make my kitchen look 
JUST LIKE THIS!
soooooo stunning!
as that cutie Tim Tebow says...
HOLY SWEET CHEESE AND CRACKERS!!! Those of you who take delight in decorating kitchens or homes may be interested in learning about design degrees.

to make sure YOU are smiling today...
oh my gosh, sometimes i actually think this...
 awww...this is just too dang cute...
 ahem...and guess what?
i actually think this way too...
(good ol' Maxine...always telling it like it is:)
 and i am POSITIVE my girls think like THIS...

hahahahaha.
now, have yourself a lovely day.
need help?
and if i recently posted this,
i'm sorry.
but think about it.
maybe there's one person who needs to see it today:)

CIAO...
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear you sound so happy! Wonderful and fun post! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites