Thursday, May 21, 2015

Aunt Foo's Bestest Brownies EVER.......

I know what you're thinking.......
Who.......or WHAT is an Aunt Foo?
Well, that would be me!
When my sweet niece Macy was little,
she called to wish me a happy birthday.  When she tried to say "Aunt Sue", it came out as "Aunt Foo", so my happy birthday message was Macy singing "Happy Birthday Aunt Foo." :)
Absolutely made my day!!!!!  
She probably doesn't even remember that but I sure do!
My girls know that it is a special memory to me because she sounded so darn cute!
I used to joke that I was going to name my blog Aunt Foo or something.
Hey.......it could still happen;)

But on to the brownies, right?
Everyone has their favorite brownie so it's hard to say one is "the best".......
which is why i call these "the bestest":)
I do know my grammar, but eating these makes you forget all about things like that.
At least they make me forget!  They're chewy, fudgy, just the right amount of cakey, sweet but not sickening sweet.......simply the BESTEST!


AUNT FOO'S BESTEST BROWNIES
INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk ( I use 2%)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
BROWNIE INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. I don't know why exactly but it works.  So do it:)  
If you have an electric stand-mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder and use the paddle attachment, blending until smooth.
Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add the eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. The batter will be thick but remember not to over mix. 
Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting.  The brownies will still be slightly warm when you frost them but that's a good thing:)
 FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS: 
Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. 
Pour and spread over warm brownies. 
Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Makes 12 large brownies or 24 small brownies
*These brownies were adapted from Saltbox House Creations with a few minor changes such as the omission of nuts.

So there you have it!  Now, if y'all make these and decide your own are better, that's cool. We each have our own preferences.  For me.....it's Aunt Foo's Bestest Brownies all the way:)

1 comment:

  1. Just love your header! Also this recipe looks so good! Thanks for sharing. I pinned it for later use :).

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites